Income tax and flight training

Income tax and flight training

Revenue Canada has recently been requiring proof of enrolment in the Commercial Pilot Licence program before allowing a deduction for the hours under the Private Pilot Licence.

A letter confirming enrollment in the CPL is available to students actively pursuing a CPL (i.e. a Category I Medical, or enrolment in Commercial Ground school, or working towards a Night Rating or actively completing the dual requirements of the CPL). Just email Bettie

Students are reminded that all deductions taken are the responsibility of the person claiming the deduction on their tax return.

TUITION TAX CREDIT This interpretation bulletin published by Revenue Canada, contains information on what parts of your flight training may be tax deductible (i.e., what parts may be considered "tuition").

TUITION FEES CERTIFICATE - FLYING SCHOOL OR CLUB TL11B This is the tax form you use to record and claim your flight training credit. Receive a 60% Rebate on your eligible post-secondary tuition fees

Start saving with the Manitoba Tuition Fee Income Tax Rebate The Manitoba Government provides Harv's Air graduates with a 60% income tax rebate on their eligible tuition fees. The Tuition Fee Income Tax Rebate helps recent graduates pay for education while living and working here in Manitoba.